Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector Enterprise Bundle
Quickly becoming the metal detector of choice. Minelab’s newest design gives you an ultra light weight machine that’s completely waterproof and state of the art multi-IQ technology. Multiple Frequency Processing allows for a higher precision of accuracy when providing target id’s for objects. Minelab’s ultra fast processing speed allows for target separation in iron infested areas.
This machine is performing extremely well in all environments including high mineralization and salt water conditions. Fully waterproof design allows for underwater capabilities up to 10 feet. Saltwater, fresh water, rivers, creeks, wells, ponds – no longer worry about taking your metal detector into the water. This detector can be used in water up to 10 feet.
Check out some of our Equinox gear including search coils, carbon fiber shafts and books.
Equinox is giving new hope to your old metal detecting sites.
With innovative NEW multi-frequency technology, the EQUINOX series redefines all-purpose detecting for the serious enthusiast. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!
With the added functionality of gold mode, high frequency 20/40 kHz., wireless audio accessories and advanced settings, the EQUINOX 800 offers extra versatility.
The clear LCD features large target ID numbers so you can see your target ID at a glance. All of the information you need when detecting is right there in front of you.
Detect modes and operating frequency can be instantly changed at the push of a button for a dynamic and uninterrupted detecting experience.
Using the EQUINOX 800 user interface, you can:
- Change the detect mode, frequency and sensitivity on the go
- Create your own notch discrimination patterns to ignore unwanted targets
- Activate all-metal mode to temporarily disable the current discrimination pattern
- Activate pinpoint mode to zero-in on a promising target so that you know exactly where to dig
- Adjust an array of essential and advanced detecting functions including noise cancel, ground balance, volume adjust, threshold level, target tone, accept / reject and recovery speed
- Customize advanced settings to change the way detections are heard, by selecting the number, pitch, and volume of your detection signals
- View the status of your battery and wireless audio device connections
"The Minelab EQUINOX is truly in a league of its own. In the short time I've been operating this machine, I've recovered deep coins and artifacts from iron infested sites that other machines simply cannot detect."
– Brandon Neice
Left: Rare 1876 Carson City minted US dime | Centre and right: Ancient Roman coin, possibly Aurelius So
- Simultaneous multi-frequency- True intelligent simultaneous multi-frequency for maximum performance, plus a wide range of single frequencies
- 8 custom search profiles- Each detect mode features 2 custom search profiles so you can save your favorite settings in each mode
- Waterproof design- EQUINOX is fully submersible, ideal for detecting at the beach and in rivers, streams and lakes (3m / 10-feet)
- Fast & accurate target ID- Fast recovery speed with accurate target ID ensures you won’t miss any valuable targets amongst the trash
- Sleek & lightweight- Rugged and lightweight construction allows you to enjoy long detecting sessions in any environment
- Advanced settings- Gain even more control of your detector audio with advanced settings; you decide how much target information you hear
- High-speed wireless audio- Experience ultra-fast wireless audio with the WM 08, or use fast aptX™ low latency / Bluetooth headphones
- Gold detecting mode- Gold mode operates the high single frequencies of either 20 kHz or 40 kHz to detect gold nuggets in mineralised soils
- Detect Modes: Park | Beach | Field | Gold
Custom search profiles: 8 (2 per detect mode)
User profile button: Yes
Operating frequencies: (kHz) Multi, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40
Noise cancel: auto | Manual (-9 to 9)
Ground balance: Auto | Manual
Target volume: 0–25
Threshold level: 0–25
Threshold pitch: 0–25
Target identification: 50 segment notch discrimination | Ferrous: -9 – 0 | Non-ferrous: 1 – 40
Target tones: 1, 2, 5, 50
Tone break: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone pitch: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone volume: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Depth indicator: 5 levels
Length:1440 mm (56.7")
Weight: 1.34 kg (2.96 lbs)
Standard coil: 11-inch double-D smart coil with skidplate (waterproof to 3m/10')
Audio output • In-built loudspeaker • 3.5mm (1/8") headphones (included) • Bluetooth compatible • WM 08 Wi-Stream compatible
Headphones (included): Bluetooth and aptX™ low latency headphones (non waterproof)
WM 08: (included) Yes
Display: Monochrome LCD with backlight
LCD Backlight: Low | Medium | High | Off
Battery: In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Battery Runtime: Approx. 12 hours
Waterproof: Waterproof to 3m/10-feet
Key technologies: Multi-IQ | 5F×8 | Wi-stream | Bluetooth | aptX™ low latency
Other accessories: USB charging cable (1.5A), multi language screen protectors
software wpgradeable: Yes, via USB connection (Windows and OSX)
Warranty: 3 years control box and coil
I got the Equinox 800 after owning a second hand Exterra50. The Ex50 is a coin finding wonder but when going over the same yards with the Nox800 I found just as many coins all over again. Including a couple silver coins I missed with the EX50.
Each time I tinker with settings and run the properties again ,I find more goodies !
I love the NOX 800 and am still amazed at the tiny bits it can see in the dirt. I will be playing with different programming settings and enjoying this machine for a long time to come.
The blue tooth headfones are super!
I purchased a bundle and the accessories are very handy. I especially like the carry case for the detector to protect it in travel.
Unfortunately I had to get a different goody bag with a longer belt.
Overall I'm very happy with the bundle purchase and would do it again.
The guys at High Plains are friendly and helpful and ready to share their knowledge of the detecting hobby.
I started with a 540 Vanquish and quickly wanted more features to use in areas I hunt. When I first got the Equinox 800 I used the Vanquish as a loner for when I took a friend along. The Vanquish is a point and dig. Now as I’ve gotten some time with equinox I’ve slowed on the digging and more on the finding. I really like it. The vanquish works great but I am more confident in what’s in the ground before I dig. Every time I get out with the 800, watch a video on it or read an article about it, I get a little better with it. The 800 is not a use twice and you’ve got it mastered. Take your time, read and watch videos on how to use it on the type of ground you are hunting on and what you are looking for. Great hobby and great place to buy in person from High Plains Prospectors. Read their articles. It’ll help.
I highly recommend High Plains Prospectors for your prospecting needs. They are knowledgeable and recommended several packages in the price range I gave them.
Finding things I missed before going back to the same Area very happy with the result after changing to the 800 will get out the Garrett now and then
Got a great deal! It was great to be able to call and actually talk to someone. They gave some good advice and recommendations. I will definitely buy from them again.
Software Upgrade 3.0
What is new?
A new Single Frequency of 4 kHz has been added to the existing 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz options. This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in
All other single and multi-frequency settings are unchanged in their performance.