Quickly becoming the metal detector of choice. Minelab’s newest design gives you an ultra light weight machine that’s completely waterproof and state of the art multi-IQ technology. Multiple Frequency Processing allows for a higher precision of accuracy when providing target id’s for objects. Minelab’s ultra fast processing speed allows for target separation in iron infested areas.
This machine is performing extremely well in all environments including high mineralization and salt water conditions. Fully waterproof design allows for underwater capabilities up to 10 feet. Saltwater, fresh water, rivers, creeks, wells, ponds – no longer worry about taking your metal detector into the water. This detector can be used in water up to 10 feet.
Check out some of our Equinox gear including search coils, carbon fiber shafts and books.
Equinox is giving new hope to your old metal detecting sites.
With innovative NEW multi-frequency technology, the EQUINOX series redefines all-purpose detecting for the serious enthusiast. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!
With the added functionality of gold mode, high frequency 20/40 kHz., wireless audio accessories and advanced settings, the EQUINOX 800 offers extra versatility.
The clear LCD features large target ID numbers so you can see your target ID at a glance. All of the information you need when detecting is right there in front of you.
Detect modes and operating frequency can be instantly changed at the push of a button for a dynamic and uninterrupted detecting experience.
Using the EQUINOX 800 user interface, you can:
- Change the detect mode, frequency and sensitivity on the go
- Create your own notch discrimination patterns to ignore unwanted targets
- Activate all-metal mode to temporarily disable the current discrimination pattern
- Activate pinpoint mode to zero-in on a promising target so that you know exactly where to dig
- Adjust an array of essential and advanced detecting functions including noise cancel, ground balance, volume adjust, threshold level, target tone, accept / reject and recovery speed
- Customize advanced settings to change the way detections are heard, by selecting the number, pitch, and volume of your detection signals
- View the status of your battery and wireless audio device connections
"The Minelab EQUINOX is truly in a league of its own. In the short time I've been operating this machine, I've recovered deep coins and artifacts from iron infested sites that other machines simply cannot detect."
– Brandon Neice
Left: Rare 1876 Carson City minted US dime | Centre and right: Ancient Roman coin, possibly Aurelius So
- Simultaneous multi-frequency- True intelligent simultaneous multi-frequency for maximum performance, plus a wide range of single frequencies
- 8 custom search profiles- Each detect mode features 2 custom search profiles so you can save your favorite settings in each mode
- Waterproof design- EQUINOX is fully submersible, ideal for detecting at the beach and in rivers, streams and lakes (3m / 10-feet)
- Fast & accurate target ID- Fast recovery speed with accurate target ID ensures you won’t miss any valuable targets amongst the trash
- Sleek & lightweight- Rugged and lightweight construction allows you to enjoy long detecting sessions in any environment
- Advanced settings- Gain even more control of your detector audio with advanced settings; you decide how much target information you hear
- High-speed wireless audio- Experience ultra-fast wireless audio with the WM 08, or use fast aptX™ low latency / Bluetooth headphones
- Gold detecting mode- Gold mode operates the high single frequencies of either 20 kHz or 40 kHz to detect gold nuggets in mineralised soils
- Detect Modes: Park | Beach | Field | Gold
Custom search profiles: 8 (2 per detect mode)
User profile button: Yes
Operating frequencies: (kHz) Multi, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40
Noise cancel: auto | Manual (-9 to 9)
Ground balance: Auto | Manual
Target volume: 0–25
Threshold level: 0–25
Threshold pitch: 0–25
Target identification: 50 segment notch discrimination | Ferrous: -9 – 0 | Non-ferrous: 1 – 40
Target tones: 1, 2, 5, 50
Tone break: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone pitch: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone volume: Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Depth indicator: 5 levels
Length:1440 mm (56.7")
Weight: 1.34 kg (2.96 lbs)
Standard coil: 11-inch double-D smart coil with skidplate (waterproof to 3m/10')
Audio output • In-built loudspeaker • 3.5mm (1/8") headphones (included) • Bluetooth compatible • WM 08 Wi-Stream compatible
Headphones (included): Bluetooth and aptX™ low latency headphones (non waterproof)
WM 08: (included) Yes
Display: Monochrome LCD with backlight
LCD Backlight: Low | Medium | High | Off
Battery: In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Battery Runtime: Approx. 12 hours
Waterproof: Waterproof to 3m/10-feet
Key technologies: Multi-IQ | 5F×8 | Wi-stream | Bluetooth | aptX™ low latency
Other accessories: USB charging cable (1.5A), multi language screen protectors
software wpgradeable: Yes, via USB connection (Windows and OSX)
Warranty: 3 years control box and coil
Great guys to deal with if you are looking for any metal detecting supplies. Took my equinox 800 to a famous ocean beach and the first time using it my very first target was a nice ring. I could hardly believe it. Really enjoying the new machine. Thanks again
Great machine no regrets
Maybe get another for my wife
Great service on the phone, very timely delivery. Had a slight issue with one of the bags but was immediately addressed and a replacement shipped . THUMBS UP .
Now let’s see how lucky I am out in the land digging away with the brand new Minelab 800
I love the 800, I took it right out and is very easy to use and found many items I had swept over before with another Detector. Looking forward to many more finds with it.
I started detecting w the Garrett at max. After reading reviews I decided to step up to the equinox 800. I like the idea of being able to update the machines software. I still love my at max as it found me a bunch of jewlery but I feel minelab is newer technology.
There's a learning curve but that's to be expected when you switch companies.
High plains prospectors is an excellent seller. They included a detector carry bag and a pouch. They forgot to ship a pinpointed I had order but w a simple phone call they sent if right out to me fast. Excellent customer service. I'd shop here again.
Software Upgrade 3.0
What is new?
A new Single Frequency of 4 kHz has been added to the existing 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40 kHz options. This new 4 kHz frequency enhances the detection of large deep targets, particularly those found in
All other single and multi-frequency settings are unchanged in their performance.