Le Crayon Complete set of Andre's relic restoration pencils for coins and relics
This set of 4 pencils is a great addition to your cleaning toolbox. Ideal on bronze coins such as Indian Head Pennies or 2-cent pieces, it is also versatile and will allow you to clean other metals such as copper.
We do recommend being very careful when cleaning coppers, as it is probably the most "sensitive" metal. You may use the hard point pencils to get rid of the crust. The brush pencil is great for finishing, monitoring your progress or cleaning a thin and/or soft layer of dirt, even on coppers.
The pencils should not be used on metals such as silver or gold. The hard point pencils can be sharpened with a regular pencil sharpener. To "reactivate" the brush pencil, simply hold the steel wool, then turn the pencil. "Fresh" and ready for action steel wool will come out.
Directions and recommendations:
- The two hard point pencils should be used in circular motions. Start gently and then figure what amount of pressure is appropriate.
- Favor dry cleaning as water may harm coins and their patina.
- The hard point pencils are absolutely great to get rid of a concrete like dirt crust.
- You may alternate between using the hard tips and the brush pencil. This last pencil will help you check on your progress and can be used to finish the process. (See last video)
- The use of brass scalpel is pretty self-explanatory. It should be used at the very beginning of a cleaning session if the crust proves to be very hard. You should stop using it before you actually reach the surface of the coin.
- DO NOT get the ends of the brush pencil wet! It would rust.
- The steel-wool brush is great with coppers/nickels that do have a little dirt to take off. Used gently, it can prove very efficient. Shipping from the US.
Does a great job on relics and coins I find , that I dig up when metal detecting .
Arrived in a timely manner and was exactly what it said it was!
Work good can do fine details
Love these pencils. It's the best cleaning tool I have every used.