Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector
This exciting detector has many versatile features and new technologies including wireless audio, integrated GPS and a weatherproof platform. With easy page navigation for detecting and mapping functions, and icons showing settings at a glance, you'll be an expert in no time!
“The GPZ 7000 doesn’t make gold, but sometimes it seems like it can!” Excerpt from test report
“I revisited an old rich patch today where previously I couldn’t work the ground because of noise and instability. With the GPZ 7000 the difference was staggering. The gold started to come in nice and steady with a haul of 30 grams at the end of the session. The biggest nugget weighed in at 12 grams and was 17 inches deep." Excerpt from test report
“I managed to find some decent gold at depth, including a 2 ½ ounce nugget at over 2 ½ feet. A GPX 5000 with a 20-inch Monoloop couldn’t even touch it.” Jonathan Porter, Australia
"I was finding gold right and left as if this location had never seen a detector before.” “I was having a ‘Eureka Moment’, the whole experience was mind blowing. The GPZ 7000 was working some serious electronic magic. I have not found that many large chunks of gold that fast in very many years–1.6 ounces of gold in less than three hours! The GPZ was able to detect fine specimen gold at depths far exceeding what one of the best hot VLF detectors could attain in this soil.”
“The GPZ 7000 is taking gold detecting to the NEXT LEVEL, and I am very fortunate to be one of the first people to see its power first hand. My goal for the upcoming year is to spend as much time as possible using this detector in known gold locations.” Steve Herschbach, USA Maximum Gold Recovery- Detector Comparison.
With extreme depth and maximum sensitivity, the GPZ 7000 outperforms both the SDC 2300 and the GPX 5000. * When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in typical environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions. The information displayed in this graph is an out-of-the-box comparison, is indicative only, and is based on the results of laboratory measurements and field testing undertaken by, and for, Minelab using a GPX 5000 with the 11" Monoloop coil, an SDC 2300 with attached 8" Monoloop coil and a GPZ 7000 with the GPZ 14 Super-D coil. The nominal performance for GPX 5000 with the 11" Monoloop coil is used as the baseline for comparison of the other detectors.
The performance of the GPX 5000 on larger nuggets with a larger comparable accessory 15" x 12" Monoloop coil is also depicted. Note that a GPZ 7000 with a GPZ 14 coil will also typically further outperform a GPX 5000 with larger accessory coils on small and medium nuggets. Please be aware that the depicted results give a relative and realistic comparison of the three detectors for typical goldfields conditions for detecting the weight ranges of gold shown, but do not represent performance under all conditions, and should not be regarded as conclusive. Minelab does not warrant or represent that the performance levels depicted will actually be achieved, as performance of the three detectors will vary depending upon prevailing conditions. Relevant factors in detector performance include, but are not limited to, detector settings, coil size and configuration, ground type, mineralisation levels and type, electromagnetic interference, gold nugget size, shape and composition, and operator skill level.
The GPZ 7000 represents a quantum leap in gold performance with breakthrough new technology from Bruce Candy. ZVT technology goes to the NEXT LEVEL for all serious gold prospectors, providing substantially improved depth. No longer will you be limited to using either sine wave continuous VLF transmission detectors, that struggle in mineralised ground, or square wave PI transmission detectors, that can be insensitive to varying gold sizes and compositions.
“This revolutionary new ZVT technology far surpasses GPX detectors for detecting deep large nuggets AND finding gold at any depth. The GPZ 7000 will open up the gold fields again.” Bruce Candy, GPZ Inventor ZVT (Zero Voltage Transmission) creates ultra constant high-power opposite polarity magnetic fields, increasing gold sensitivity. This innovative technology detects gold nuggets at extreme depths. The Super D smart coil consists of a central transmit winding and two outer receive windings. This configuration greatly decreases interference from magnetic soils, reducing ground noise. GPSi uses a u blox GPS engine to integrate location and time data with detector settings. This creates WayPoint, FindPoint and GeoHunt files to use with XChange 2. Stream uses low-power digital audio transmission to achieve no perceivable audio time lag.
Key features and benefits:
- Extreme gold depth: So how deep can you go? Well, up to 40%* deeper than the GPX series. Old gold fields are new again, thanks to the revolutionary new ZVT technology. Minelab takes you much deeper than ever before!
- Simple menu system: The easy-to-use menu pages group similar functions together under detect and map sections, with all settings quickly accessible. Use the guide sequences to get started. You don’t need to be an expert to find gold!
- Maximum gold sensitivity: The incredible sensitivity of the GPZ 7000 with the super D coil gives you the ultimate advantage in the field. Find gold others have missed, from sub-gram gold through to those elusive ‘retirement nuggets’ still out there
- Wireless audio freedom detect: Get low latency audio feeds without your headphones attached to the detector. With the WM 12 wireless module you have the choice of using the in-built speaker, the supplied headphones, or your favorite headphones.
- Precision ground balance: Most gold is buried in the mineralised ‘difficult’ ground that many detectors can’t cope with. The GPZ 7000 accurately ‘balances’ and automatically ‘tracks’ to even the most severe ground conditions, with ease.
- GPS locating & PC mapping: See your location and log gold finds as you detect. With the built-in GPS you’ll efficiently cover more ground and won’t miss a nugget! Record your favorite ‘hot-spots’ by saving data to XChange 2 with Google Maps
- Enhanced Noise Immunity: The outstanding noise immunity of the GPZ 7000 enables very smooth and quiet detecting. With 256 noise cancel channels, the GPZ 7000 picks up less atmospheric noise. Listen to the gold, not the noise interference!
- Waterproof coil: The GPZ 14 coil is waterproof and submersible to a depth of 1 m (3 ft). You can easily detect rivers and shorelines with no fuss! The weatherproof design of the GPZ 7000 allows you to go detecting in rainy or wet conditions. *When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in typical environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions. ‡ GPZ 7000 detector is weatherproof only. GPZ 14 coil is fully waterproof to 1 m (3 ft). WM 12 is not waterproof or weatherproof
GPZ 7000 TECH SPECS