Nokta Makro Legend Metal Detector Software Update
The new Nokta Makro Ledged metal detector has been log awaited, but is finally here! We are happy to say we have fulfilled all our back orders and now have a fair number of both the standard set up and the Legend Pro Pack.
We recommend all customers who have purchased a Legend to update their software immediately to get the most out of your detector.
News recently came out that they have already provided a new software update. This is good news. As a detector that is new to the market, there will certainly be bugs that need worked out. The good news is they seem to be on top of it.
Here are the updates to the Legend's software:
- Pinpoint function has been improved.
- M 1 Multi Frequency parameters have been updated.
- Audio alert for Automatic Frequency Shift (Noise Cancellation) completion has been extended.
- Factory default Tone Break value has been changed from 11 to 10 in Park mode.
- Ferrous Off Discrimination Pattern has been updated to reject IDs between 1-10 in Park & Field modes.
- Threshold audio level has been increased in Gold mode.
- Audio response during ground balancing in Gold mode has been updated.
- Backlight levels have been re-configured.
- Bugs have been fixed.
How to Update Your Nokta Makro Legend Metal Detector Software:
Visit Nokta Makro's website to find the software download (click the link below):
Here you will find a link to download the appropriate update for your operating system.
Operating systems: Windows, MacOS
If you experience any issues opening the setup file, please disable all anti-virus programs on your PC.
The latest update includes all previous updates.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY IN THE ORDER BELOW FOR THE UPDATE:
- Click on the link above then click on the link for the operating system you use (i.e. Windows, or MacOS). Download the files to a location you can remember. Click on the file foldger and Extract All of the files to a location you can remember.
- Go to the location where the files were extracted to. Double click on the file named "NoktaDetectorUpdateSetup". This will INSTALL THE EXE FILE (This is the Nokta Detector Update Tool. I recommend saving a link to it to your desktop so you can find and access it easily).
- CLOSE THE EXE FILE (close the Nokta Detector Update Tool).
- WITH THE LEGEND TURNED OFF, CONNECT IT TO YOUR COMPUTER.
- YOU MUST HEAR THE ALERT SOUND ON THE COMPUTER (very important) INDICATING THAT THE DEVICE IS DETECTED BY THE COMPUTER. IF NOT, REMOVE AND CONNECT AGAIN.
- WITH THE DETECTOR STILL OFF, PRESS AND HOLD THE UP BUTTON UNTIL YOU SEE THE LETTES ‘’UP’’ ON SCREEN, THEN LET THE BUTTON GO.
- RUN THE EXE FILE.
- SELECT THE bin FILE. (This file is named "LEGEND_v1.05.bin" and can be found in the location you extracted the files to).
- ONCE THE UPDATE BUTTON BECOMES ACTIVE, PRESS IT.
- THE LETTERS "UP" WILL BE ERASED FROM SCREEN AND YOU WILL SEE NUMBERS COUNTING FROM 1-100.
- ONCE THE UPDATE IS DONE THE LETTERS LD WILL COME UP ON SCREEN. IF YOUR COIL IS CONNECTED, THE DEVICE WILL TURN ON. IF NOT, IT WILL SAY CC AND SHUT DOWN.
- Tags: Software Update
- Joshua Turpin