February 2014 – Metal Detecting & Prospecting Finds Give Away!
Welcome to our monthly give away contest. Each month we will give away a new product to a subscriber of our newsletter who submits a find on our blog (post below or send via email). Additionally we will accept a link to a picture or video of the find on a site that is clearly owned by you. How do we determine the winner? By value? NO. By age? NO. The only factor considered is the “coolness” factor…judged by us. If we like it, we will pick it. The only rule is that we pick a subscriber’s picture that we think is the coolest and give them a prize. If you win, you win. If not, try again next month! Since the prize changes each month, you may want to try again next month anyway!
Please make sure the image is clear and we can see the object so we can tell what it is…otherwise the item may be disqualified!
This Month’s Prize
Metal Detector Pro Pointer and Gear Mount
(You Must Register before Submitting Finds and to see who wins. Registration only required ONCE on the first submission!)
1) Registration required to win (click on the Register Now button above, notification made via monthly newsletter).
2) Find must be documented via photograph or video (Submission instruction below).
3) Provide the following below:
a) Approximate Location of find (i.e. County, City, or Region).
b) Date of find.
c) Approximate depth.
d) Type of detector(s) used.
f) Other details: (i.e. weight, size, method of valuation, etc.)
g) Short description of the story behind the find.
4) Using the comments below, submit a picture or video. (Either use the click the “Choose File” button below for pictures or embed the code from YouTube. You may also send a link or photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
5) It is an honor system. We don’t want to have to make any more rules…please keep it fun for everyone and don’t cheat! (Submissions are judged by the site administrator at it’s discretion. Rules subject to change at a moments notice! We’ll post them here if we are forced to add more rules.)
If you have past finds you think are worthy of posting, please feel free to do so. As long as it is not one we have seen posted elsewhere, it is eligible. We will maintain this rule for the first few months of the contest. The goal is to allow you to post cool finds and for our blog to be a place for you to show them off to other treasure hunters around the world.. So, lets get some posted!
Not valid where restrictions apply. Unfortunately we don’t know the restrictions in your area. So, if there are any, it is your responsibility to abide by them…not ours. Oh yeah, we have a keen sense for “faked” metal detector finds. So, we will, without notification, eliminate any we suspect of being fakes.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!
(Submit a photo by adding a comment below and attaching a picture!)